Sunday 3 May 2015

April Beauty Favourites ♥♥

Hey beautiful people, hope you are all well and enjoying the long bank holiday weekend. I am looking forward to catching up on some well needed sleep.
However, I wanna talk to you about my April beauty favourites; to be honest some of these are my current favourites as I have been loving them for more than just this month.


First of all, I have to start with my Too Faced Chocolate Bar chocolate I looked for it for a long while and it was out of stock for ages but I finally got my hands on this beauty and oh the great times we have had together. This palette smells heavenly; just like chocolate as the name suggests and it goes on very well and creamy; there is some fallout from some of the shadows but overall great palette and perfect for an everyday look and also easy to glam it up!
Moving on to my Nars blush in seduction; now this blush might look dark in the picture but it is a mauve type of colour and looks amazing on dark skin; this blush gives me a rosyness to my cheeks and that flush of colour that looks healthy and glowy at the same time; if you have a skin tone similar to mine (Mac NW45) or darker, pop into your nearest Nars counter and try it on. A little bit goes a long way.


Now I have combination/oily skin but I do love a good oil as using a face oil helps to balance the oil production in the skin during the day, I use this Orico Superico Vitamin Face rich oil at night and I apply it generously; this oil contains Vitamin E, rosehip oil, jojoba oil and many more ingredients to deeply nourish the skin and I have noticed my skin is a lot softer and it has helped with my hyperpigmentation. One thing I'll say is you have oily skin avoid this during the days when wearing or if you not, you're going to turn into a grease ball before you know it.
Kiko has become on my regular pit stops when makeup shopping and I have found yet another dark brown lipliner in 314; dark brown lipliners are so essential and sometimes it's hard to find a brown lipliner dark enough for us darker skinned beauties and this glides on so easily and it has been my go to lipliner for all my nudes and it's affordable too.
I have already mentioned the Black Up foundation here and the Kat Von D liquid lipstick here too to avoid babbling on further but these are now HOLY GRAIL status and will be in my essential kit for a long while to come.


Onto my next fave which is the MakeUpForEver Duo Mat face powder in 218; it took me a long while to get my hands on this and I have not touched my Mac MSF ever since I got a hold of this. This powder has a great coverage and it also matifies, so it keeps my makeup looking shine free for longer.
I have also been loving this Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, every single time I have worn this, I have gotten a compliment on my eyelashes and how long they look; my only gripe is that I find it quite clumpy so I usually use an old Dior mascara wand which is small and use that to apply my first coat and get the length and separate the lashes and then I just top it off with another coat with the Too Faced mascara wand. Does anyone else feel this mascara wand is a bit too thick?


This YSL lipstick in Rouge Volupte no3  has been my ride or die for the longest and it has been one of my perfect nudes; this lipstick is so creamy and paired with the Kiko brown lipliner; it's a match made in Lipstick heaven, This lipstick is not a long wearing one as it doesn't have a matte finish but I don't mind reapplying after eating or maybe once or twice throughout the day.
I have also been loving this Jurlique Rosewater Balancing mist sample I got from Space Nk and this mist is really good to hydrate and soften the skin, It's also great as after cleansing your face, the pH balance of your face changes, so using a toner such as this will balance the pH of the skin.
Last but not least is this Mac volcanic ash exfoliator, I have heard so much about this product that I fell into the hype and bought it. Now I love this product; it has tiny bits of ash exfoliants in it but it turns to foam as soon as it hits water, I thought that it will be harsher on the skin but it is not too firm which makes it great for even people with sensitive skin and it can be used at least 3 times a week.
Finally, that's the end of my faves; hope you enjoyed and if you use any of these products, let me know which ones and how you found them?
Also leave below your fave beauty product of the moment, so we can all try something new this month perhaps.
Thanks for reading lovely.
Have a blessed week.
Afeeyah xo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great favourites. I keep hearing about the chocolate bar palette (almost daily) so it's definitely gonna be my next purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lamesha it's actually an amazing palette :)

      Delete

Please leave comments, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments and if you like this blog then please follow :)

© Fashion, Beauty & Me. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig